Utrecht/London, 36 hours
As Software Engineer:
• Your primary work area is designing and implementing technical solution for porting data from Legacy systems which will be decommissioned and from Murex to HCP(Hitachi Content Platform)
• Ensuring that the technical solution adopted will meet the defined Archiving requirements
• Continue the role as Archiving support engineer in the standing organization.
The role of the Software Engineer in the Front-to-Back-to-Risk Archiving stream will be to design and execute the Archiving solution. Activities need to be coordinated with IT teams of the legacy systems, Murex implementation team and migration team to ensure timely implementation.
In addition responsibilities will include ensuring that documentation reflects the overall solution implemented, and ensuring that supporting documentation is up-to-date.
The main objective of the programme is to implement a new Front-to-Back-to-Risk trade processing platform based on the Murex product which can support current and future business requirements at a significantly lower cost than the fragmented landscape in place today.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities are:
• Determines solution feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
Key performance indicators are:
• Attend regular project meetings;
• Documentation and implementation of technical solution:
o Technical design
o Source code
o Implementation plan
o Ensuring of stable and controlled environments (including formal design documents of environments).
• Providing regular and clear progress updates
• Attending sprint retrospectives including tracking of “Lessons Learnt” improvement to solution development processes
• Positive feedback from key stakeholders
IS&D is the IT provider for Rabobank Rural Wholesale & Retail. We do this so Rabobank can achieve the stated strategic and financial objectives. The systems developed and managed by IS&D are used not only in the Netherlands, but also by Rabobank entities in the rest of Europe, North and South America, Asia and Australia.
The domain of IS&D Financial Markets is responsible for the development and management of all IT applications for the departments Markets Rabobank Group ( MRG) and Treasury Rabobank Group (TRG), as well as the corresponding mid-office departments (CRG Product Control) and back- office departments Financial Markets. Our department ensures that the systems of Rabobank locations among others New York, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo are available 24 hours a day.
• Expert knowledge of and experience working with ETL solutions preferably in a compliance context
• High level of self-motivation, willing to explore cutting-edge options to implement lower cost soltions for the benefit of Rabobank.
• Experience in software engineering roles in complex landscapes with many interfaces
• Understanding of Software Engineering best practives.
• Knowledge of agile development practices
• Familiarity using the Databases(Oracle/Sybase), Scripting languages, Open Source solutions(Database Preservation toolkit, SOLR, Apache etc)
• Knowledge of Compliance & Capital Markets area
• Proficient in the English language
Besides centring on our clients core competencies Collaboration and Customer Focus, you recognize yourself in the following competencies:
• Result focused